Vacancy: Kitchen position
Experienced, enthusiastic person wanted for a part-time role at Jacqueline’s Tea Room, a small independent tea room based in Colchester.
We are looking for someone with passion, ideally experienced to help us grow our business.
If you share our love of food and cake and have a strong belief in independent business then we would like to hear from you.
Ideally you will:
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and quality, and a creative approach to your work
- Have experience of working within a commercial kitchen
- Have experience of managing supplies and controlling stock (preferably in a food environment but other fields will be considered)
- Be experienced in managing and scheduling your work
- Work well under pressure and to a deadline
- Have a passion for baking and good food & drink
- Be passionate about working for and supporting independent business
The type of person we’re looking for:
- Dedicated, honest and loyal
- Hard working and not afraid of physical work
- Outgoing and happy
You will be responsible predominantly for:
- Production of menu orders taken during the day
- Managing our supplies and controlling stock levels to ensure an efficiently run kitchen
- Managing and planning production schedules to ensure all our baking commitments are met efficiently